DIY synth

Interested in sounds from outer space? You've come to the right place. Chat about everything from your first $20 home made synth to your collection of synths worth over $100,000.
instantmessenger00

any recommendations on preferred books to reference as far as DIY synth building is concerned? I like youtube tutorials and websites and all but id prefer some books since I'll be building them in a part of my house with no computer and bad cell phone reception. :o
instantmessenger.bandcamp.com :mrgreen:
soundcloud.com/sean-dvln :shock:

insta: @instantmessenger
Carusoloops

I want that new Korg NTS-1 diy jawn!! Looks super fun! Like making a LEGO synth kit! Lol
SkeletonBeach

instantmessenger00 wrote: Thu Oct 10, 2019 2:31 pm any recommendations on preferred books to reference as far as DIY synth building is concerned? I like youtube tutorials and websites and all but id prefer some books since I'll be building them in a part of my house with no computer and bad cell phone reception. :o
Curious, what kinda synths are you wanting to build? Eurorack style modules or something a bit more substantial?

There are a few volumes in this series, and it kinda touches ALL of the electronics, but heavy on synths. Basically it's a fantastic overview of ALL things circuitry and a super handy book to have around if you're about to endeavor down that road, you can find it on Amazon, it's "The Forrest Mims Circuit Scrapbook."
instantmessenger00

SkeletonBeach wrote: Wed Oct 16, 2019 2:07 pm
instantmessenger00 wrote: Thu Oct 10, 2019 2:31 pm any recommendations on preferred books to reference as far as DIY synth building is concerned? I like youtube tutorials and websites and all but id prefer some books since I'll be building them in a part of my house with no computer and bad cell phone reception. :o
Curious, what kinda synths are you wanting to build? Eurorack style modules or something a bit more substantial?

There are a few volumes in this series, and it kinda touches ALL of the electronics, but heavy on synths. Basically it's a fantastic overview of ALL things circuitry and a super handy book to have around if you're about to endeavor down that road, you can find it on Amazon, it's "The Forrest Mims Circuit Scrapbook."
hell yeah thank you homie!

instantmessenger00

Carusoloops wrote: Thu Oct 10, 2019 4:04 pm I want that new Korg NTS-1 diy jawn!! Looks super fun! Like making a LEGO synth kit! Lol
damn an actual lego synth kit would be insane