What was your first drum machine?

Drum machines have no soul. Or do they?
brosk.ghostie

Flunked Outta NASA wrote: Tue Nov 05, 2019 2:57 pm
Prole Volt wrote: Fri Oct 11, 2019 6:49 am When I Was 18, I grabbed an Alesis SR-16. That little thing kept me up for hours. I wish I still had it!
Any love for the Alesia SR-16 or 18? Pretty cheap but a friend had one running for a minute the other day and it sounded pretty good!
I’ve never owned one, but I’ve read a lot of good things about them. The cool thing is, we’re entering a time where the cheaper ones are becoming cool again, so if you’re thinking about it, I’d snatch one up! :)
“Man, I ain’t changed, but I know I ain’t the same.”

http://www.broskghostie.bandcamp.com
tristanbay

I'm 18 now, but I think the only physical drum machine I've ever had (not including the different Yamaha keyboards I had/have that could play drum patterns) is my PO-33 which is currently laying about 3 feet from me.

Thinking about getting a Volca Drum soon since it's a cheap drum synth that's not sample based and has quite a bit of sound customization, and it doesn't seem like it's extremely complicated, especially once I get the hang of using it
Flunked Outta NASA

tristanbay wrote: Thu Nov 07, 2019 7:41 am I'm 18 now, but I think the only physical drum machine I've ever had (not including the different Yamaha keyboards I had/have that could play drum patterns) is my PO-33 which is currently laying about 3 feet from me.

Thinking about getting a Volca Drum soon since it's a cheap drum synth that's not sample based and has quite a bit of sound customization, and it doesn't seem like it's extremely complicated, especially once I get the hang of using it
I’m interested in the V-Drum. I want to hear it in real life. I have the V-Beats and it’s fun to jam with, but if you want punchy drum sounds, like really snappy/ in your face, it just doesn’t cut it. I almost always supplement it with kick and snare samples if I ever use it in recording.
Statistics don't make storms.
tristanbay

Flunked Outta NASA wrote: Fri Nov 08, 2019 7:15 am I have the V-Beats and it’s fun to jam with, but if you want punchy drum sounds, like really snappy/ in your face, it just doesn’t cut it. I almost always supplement it with kick and snare samples if I ever use it in recording.
Well maybe throwing some distortion, compression, transient shaping, etc. on it would do the job

If that's how you feel about the VBeats, then maybe you'll find the VDrum better in terms of snappiness and punch